Monday, June 1, 2015

Return From the Dead


I don't quite know what happened to this blog the past year. No wait, I do know. School happened. But now that I've survived my first year at SF State, I can breathe a little and go back to the things that I love doing (e.g. writing this blog).

I've learned a lot this past year, about writing and about myself. I learned that I can still complete papers even after complete meltdowns. I learned how to manage my anxiety when I feel myself shutting down. I learned how to call myself a writer with confidence. I've also learned about my intense love for well crafted short stories. It's been a good, albeit difficult, year.

As much as I planned to be lazy this summer, I can't help but be a little productive. So last week I started a writer's group at the shop. It seems to be going well so far. I'm excited about bringing together a community for local writers and learning from them. 

I find it strange how I keep putting myself in positions of leadership, since I still have a hard time being outgoing and social. I guess it's not that surprising since I'm getting more and more involved at Comics FTW. I'm proud of myself for doing it anyway, but I really need to make sure I take days to recover.Who knows? Maybe I will get used to it after a while, maybe my social anxiety will wane.

I'm hoping that the writing group will keep me motivated to update regularly. I gave them permission to yell at me if I hadn't posted by next moth, but my real goal is to get back to weekly. I just need to remember how to collect stories and anecdotes like I used to, as well as document my adventures, even the small ones.

So look for new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment