Also, my first week at the comic shop happened to coincide with the release of Saga #18, which means it is the end of the current story arc (and Volume 3 will be out soon!)
Oh man, it was so good.
Seriously, you need to read them all.
Last Thursday was the end of Month of the Bloodsucker and after getting invited out by a friend, I really couldn't refuse. I mean, who doesn't love the Lost Boys? As a bonus, I was getting to see an 80's vampire movie that I managed to miss completely.
Everyone (who loves vampires/the 80's) needs to see Near Dark. It is a ridiculous Cowboy-Vampire mash up complete with showdown at the end. Not to mention Bill Paxton being a total psychopath. Watch it for gratuitous blood, explosions and barely believable science.
This month they are having a double feature with the Rocky Horror Picture Show and the Phantom of Paradise. I'll definitely be going to that one.
In other news, my still-life panting is coming along nicely. I spent another couple hours on it, so now it looks like this:
Next week I will have more color, promise.
Now if only I can motivate myself to work on any of the various stories I have hiding in my computer files...


I lost my copy of Lost Boys, I should look for it soon. The giant dummy that laughs histerically is still at the board walk. It still creeps me out.
ReplyDeleteTwo awesome musicals for 10bucks. I still listen to the paradise soundtrack.
We should go to Santa Cruz! I haven't been in a while.
ReplyDeleteI wish you could come to the double feature with me. That would be the best.