Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back from Hiatus

I am a little embarrassed at the state of my blog. Never before have I gone such a long time without posting.

It's been six months.

Six months.

I can't even think of a valid excuse to why it has been so long. All I can say is that a lot of life stuff happened and my brain stopped being able to process my experiences into writing. No, I'm serious. I took a Creative Writing class this last semester and wrote one poem. And it was a breakup poem. Yeah, pretty bad, I know.

So what was I doing the last part of 2013?

Well...


I finally got the coveted winner's badge.
 


I transformed my bedroom. 


I painted.



I baked some amazing things.
(except the cupcakes with hearts, those are Jenny's)





Spent some quality time with my brother.



And got a bow for Christmas. 


Six months is a lot of time. I had quite a few adventures and some disappointments. There were many lessons to be learned (such as how difficult DIY home projects are or don't forget to send in your transcripts) and too many tears (no, you don't get examples). It was clear that I needed some time to hide inside myself, but now I am ready to move forward with my life.

Oh, and this blog too.

It might be a slow process, but I want to get back to posting every week. Even if it is just the crappy fan art I've been doing lately. 

So here is to picking up the pieces and changing my story.









No comments:

Post a Comment