Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lost in Books

This is my last day of Winter break and I managed to spend four hours of it reorganizing (and purging) the kitchen. Since the holiday we have been living in more clutter than usual. I really didn't plan to spend the day cleaning, I only wanted to find somewhere to put all the candy we've accumulated over the past two weeks. It always starts small...

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to having to wear real pants after today. Or having to wake up before ten. I'm really going to miss vacation. I suppose one can only sleep in, catch up on reading and play video games for so long. (Who am I kidding?)

I did quite a bit of reading over the break. I'm between series right now, as per usual.  I started A Feast for Crows, the fourth in the Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones) series the other day.


Some days I wonder why I read it, since more than once I've had to put one of the books down and walk away in despair. This happened at least three times in Storm of Swords alone. In fact, after I finished the book, I ran around shouting for an hour. Judging from the title of this particular book, I will probably become despondent as I watch all my favorite character die. This series has taken over my life. My new favorite thing to say is, "You know nothing, Jon Snow" (especially to Johnny).

On New Years I spent my evening watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World and putting together my Monster Hunters Lego sets. I also found the Scott Pilgrim box set on Amazon for a ridiculous $47 (normally retailing at $72). Yesterday it arrived early and I've been immersed in all its comic wonderfulness ever since.

Best splurge ever. 

It even came with a poster!


 Last, but certainly not least, I finished the latest volume in the Locke & Key series. 


Oh man, this series is intense. I'm glad there is some time between volumes, because I definitely need it to recover. Again, I highly recommend these graphic novels if you are into horror. This one (Clockworks) goes into the disturbing back story of the house and the magical keys. The double page spreads are especially beautiful to boot.

I'm going to be rather sad when all my free time is sucked up by school and work again. At least my schedule won't be as crazy as last semester. I plan to update more regularly, but we all know that ongoing battle. 

So I leave with an awesome band I found last week:


No comments:

Post a Comment