Monday, November 5, 2012

Third Time The Charm?



It's that time again, boys and girls. Novel Writing Month!

Even though this year is strikingly similar to the previous ones, what with the starting off behind schedule, I have a good feeling about it. It could be my blind enthusiasm, or maybe this year is the year I reach the 50k word mark. Let's hope for the latter.

Of course, this is also the busiest year I'll have participated. I am a full-time student and work part-time (which is proving to require more brain-power than anticipated). This week alone I have a book review, an art project and a print for photography due. Finding time to write should be interesting. Maybe during the holiday?

Or, you know, now...

If I can find time to make fancy Halloween cupcakes, I'm sure I can crank out at least a thousand words a night.

Look how adorable!

I ran out of food dye for the frosting, so I had to improvise with jello. The color wasn't as vibrant as I wanted, but the cupcakes became chocolate orange and vanilla lime, which was delicious. I even got frosting-hating Johnny to enjoy them!

Between writing my novel (working title: Delirium) and the book review, I have been spending quite a bit of time trapped in front of my computer screen. Sunday was wonderfully sunny for November (it still feels like summer...) so I decided to do my figure drawing homework in the sunshine.


I think being outside improved my skills.


I also applied for SF State over the weekend...

Wish me luck! **fingers crossed**











No comments:

Post a Comment