Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Posting Instead of Homework


It has been a while.

Oops.

I don't really have much of an excuse, especially since school only started two weeks ago. I guess I'm just not adjusting too well to a busier life. I have  time, not as much as I had in Los Angeles, but some.

I definitely still have time to make cupcakes. There is always time for cupcakes.


Vanilla, Lemon and Chocolate Peanut-butter.
(Please excuse the crappy cell phone picture)

Well Summer is officially over. After a three(?!) year break, I am back at the local Junior College. The plan was to just take the English class I need to transfer. Of course, that would be too easy. Due to all those lovely budget cuts and my lack of priority, I was unable to sign up for any English class. So I did what anyone would do and signed up for all the classes I wanted to take, but never got around to.

Those classes are:
Figure Drawing (aka drawing naked people)
Intro to Art & Design
B&W Photography (film cameras, remember those?)

Art classes! Woo!
Oh, and the History of God

I'm even starting to dress like an Art student

I figured I might as well make my re-entry into college as enjoyable as possible. So far, it's working. I am loving school, even if it means being there 9-4 for most of the week. It's like having a full-time job, really. If you include the time spent on homework. Homework I am definitely putting off right now...

I promise I will finish my reading assignment after this.

But first, look what I made! 

First attempt at a bento lunch.

The sandwich cutter was a present from Yano (who knows me so well) and I picked up another food stamp in Japantown last weekend. If you don't know what bento lunches are, they are Japanese box lunches. If you know anything about Japan, you know they go all out. 

Seriously, look up bento lunches. 


Usually they include onigiri (rice balls), but I started simple with sandwiches and veggies. More elaborate bentos will come soon. 

I still can't get over how cute the radish stars are. 













No comments:

Post a Comment