Don't get me wrong; I LOVE legos. In fact, it is rapidly coming back as one of my obsessions, much like the whole comic book craze. It is as if my inner child is taking over my life. I'm not really complaining, I am easily entertained these days.
I really don't know why, as adults, we so readily give up the things that we loved most as children. Maybe we would be happier if we held onto some childhood comforts.
Anyway, I started collecting legos again about a year ago. It all started with a leisurely stroll through the toy aisles in Target. What I saw in the lego section, I could not leave the store without. I bought a $40 set specifically for this guy:
Squid King.
It was all downhill from there. I have probably dropped about $100 on various Atlantis sets (it was the only collection NOT based on a popular movie). If anyone asks, I am collecting them for my future children. I'm sure they won't mind hand-me-down legos. I know I didn't.
The point of all this lego ramble is to bring up my new project. Lego Murals. If you are confused, just hop on over to Google images. I was inspired after I saw this.
My version will instead be Link from Zelda, in 8-bit form of course. It was a specific request from a friend (the same friend who lent me his computer) as a birthday present. I figured it was the least I could do. The legos are whizzing through the mail as I write this; hopefully they will be here tomorrow. I will update you on my progress.
In the meantime, I will leave you with this:
Surfer Dude is seriously wearing a thong...
No comments:
Post a Comment